Creating custom client attributes
By default, clients come with two attribute fields:
- The client name (usually their company name)
- The client's logo image (optional)
In addition to those, you can create any number of custom attributes for your clients. Here are a few popular examples of custom attributes you might find useful to have on your clients:
- Website URL
- Primary contact's name
- Primary contact's email or phone
- Which plan or package did they purchase?
- Any special notes your team needs to have easy access to when working with this client
- Any other info you might need to save!
Create custom client attributes
Follow these steps:
- Go to "Clients" > "Attributes" > click "New Attribute"
- Create a label for this new attribute. This label will be displayed on all clients' details.
- Select the Attribute type (more on this below).
- Click the "Create Attribute" button.
Once a new attribute has been created, it's field will immediately show up on all current and future clients' "Details" tab.
Client attribute types
Client attributes can be any of these types:
- Text - A basic one-line text input field
- Rich text - A longer field that has formatting options (bold, italic, bullet and numbered lists, links, etc.). You can also drag images, or embeddable videos (such as YouTube, Wistia, Loom, etc.) into rich text fields.
- Select dropdown - A dropdown with several selectable options. You must define at least one option. You can (optionally) set one of the options to be selected by default.*
- Radio buttons - A set of radio buttons with several selectable options. You must define at least one option. You can (optionally) set one of the options to be selected by default.*